Chemical peels have long been a trusted solution for those seeking rejuvenated and radiant skin. By using specific chemical solutions to remove the outermost layers of the skin, these treatments reveal the fresher, younger-looking skin beneath. While the benefits, such as reduced fine lines, acne scars, and uneven skin tones, are widely recognized, questions about their safety and potential side effects often arise. If you have safety concerns, here’s what you should know about it:
Understanding Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are specialized treatments that involve the application of a chemical solution to the skin’s surface. This solution breaks down the skin’s outermost layers, causing them to peel off over days. As the old skin sheds, it paves the way for the newer, fresher skin underneath to emerge. The depth and intensity of the peel depend on the specific chemicals used and their concentrations. There are various types of chemical peels, ranging from superficial to medium and deep peels, each targeting different layers of the skin. The choice of peel and its strength is typically determined by the specific skin concern being addressed and the individual’s skin type.
Types of Peels and Their Safety
Chemical peels, integral to aesthetic dermatology, utilize specific chemical solutions to reveal youthful and rejuvenated skin. The depth and results of each peel are determined by the chemicals used. Here’s a breakdown that emphasizes both their benefits and safety profiles:
Noon Aesthetics Peel: S-Peel 20
- Active Ingredient: 20% Salicylic Acid
- Features: Known for keratolytic, sebum regulating, and anti-microbial effects.
- Benefits: Effective against sun damage and conditions like Rose-Red Papules.
- Safety: Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid known for its safe and targeted exfoliation without causing undue irritation.
- Active Ingredient: 50% Glycolic Acid
- Unique Addition: DermShieldTM, a clinically proven anti-irritant.
- Benefits: Promotes skin exfoliation and collagen synthesis.
- Safety: Including DermShieldTM ensures the skin remains protected from potential irritations, making the peel effective and gentle.
- Suitability: All skin types.
- Features: Reduces signs of aging and hyperpigmentation.
- Benefits: Stimulates the production of essential skin proteins like collagen and elastin.
- Safety: Its formulation is designed to be gentle, making it suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Formulation: Nanoconstructed Thixotropic Gel.
- Features: Combats signs of aging.
- Benefits: Ensures skin remains moisturized with a protective film to prevent dehydration.
- Safety: Its moisturizing properties enhance the peel’s effectiveness and ensure the skin doesn’t dry out, reducing potential irritation.
Bio Repeel: A Safe and Innovative Treatment
Bio Repeel is a groundbreaking treatment in the realm of chemical peels. Unlike traditional peels that often come with an unavoidable downtime due to the shedding of the skin, Bio Repeel offers a “peeling-like effect” without the associated downtime. It is achieved through its patented 2-phase technology.
The treatment has been clinically tested and has shown impressive results. It effectively decreases or eliminates damage caused by UV rays, pigmentation issues, acne, and scarring. The process involves dissolving the bonds between skin cells, allowing the careful removal of the outermost skin layer. It reveals a new layer of skin that is smoother and more radiant.
But Bio Repeel doesn’t stop at mere exfoliation. While it removes the surface layer of the skin, it simultaneously stimulates Fibroblast cells. These cells produce collagen and elastin, proteins essential for skin elasticity and youthfulness.
Furthermore, Bio Repeel is a 35% TCA chemical peel, providing a deep and effective treatment. Yet, its safety profile is commendable. The treatment can also be combined with other procedures to enhance their performance and results, such as injectable treatments, microneedling, and radiofrequency.
Chemical Peel Appointment: What To Expect
While applying chemicals to the skin might sound daunting, the procedure is safe when conducted by trained professionals. You can expect radiant and refreshed skin with proper care and adherence to post-treatment guidelines.
- Consultation: Your appointment will likely begin with a consultation. The skincare professional will assess your skin type, discuss your skincare goals, and review your medical history. It ensures that the chosen peel is suitable for your specific needs.
- Skin Cleansing: Before applying the peel, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed to remove dirt, oil, or makeup. It ensures that the chemical solution adheres properly and works effectively.
- Application of the Peel: The chemical solution chosen for your peel will be applied to your skin using a brush or cotton pad. You might feel a tingling or slight burning sensation, which is normal. The solution’s duration on your skin will depend on the type of peel and its intensity.
- Neutralization: Depending on the peel, a neutralizing solution might be applied to halt the peel’s action and restore the skin’s pH balance.
- Post-Peel Care: Once the peel is complete, the skincare professional will apply a soothing moisturizer and sunscreen to protect the freshly treated skin. They will also provide aftercare instructions to ensure optimal results and minimize potential side effects.
- Duration: The entire process typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the type of peel.
- After the Appointment: Follow the post-care instructions provided. It might include avoiding direct sunlight, refraining from certain skincare products, and moisturizing skin.
- Results and Recovery: The recovery time and results will vary based on the type of peel. Superficial peels might result in slight redness and peeling for a few days, while deeper peels might require a more extended recovery period.
Choosing The Right Peel
Selecting the correct chemical peel is essential for effective skin treatment. Chemical peels use solutions to remove skin layers, revealing fresher skin underneath. The type and results depend on the chemicals used. There are various options, including the Noon Aesthetics Peel, G-Peel 50, J-Peel, and P-Peel. Each has specific benefits and addresses different skin issues. Before deciding, discuss your skin goals and history with a skincare provider. It ensures you choose a peel that matches your needs and is safe for your skin type.
Discover the transformative power of expert skincare with Sherisse Hill Aesthetic Derm. Whether you’re looking to rejuvenate, refresh, or redefine your skin, our team of professionals guides you every step of the way. Dive into a tailored skincare regimen backed by science and trusted by countless satisfied clients. Don’t let another day go by without giving your skin the attention it deserves. Contact or book an appointment for your personalized consultation with Sherisse Hill Aesthetic Derm today and take the first step towards a brighter, more confident you. Your journey to impeccable skin starts here!