Silhouette InstaLift offers a unique approach to mid-facial rejuvenation, targeting both sagging skin and volume loss. As a non-surgical, in-office treatment, it has gained attention for its convenience and immediate results. However, one of the potential patients’ most common questions is how long they can expect these results to last. This question is not only practical but also essential for setting realistic expectations and planning any future treatments. Knowing the duration of the results can help you make an informed decision and ensure that the treatment aligns with your long-term aesthetic goals.
What is Silhouette InstaLift?
Silhouette InstaLift is a unique cosmetic procedure designed to rejuvenate the mid-face area by addressing two key concerns: sagging skin and volume loss. Unlike traditional treatments that focus solely on the skin’s surface, Silhouette InstaLift employs advanced Micro-Suspension Technology™ to provide an immediate lift while also targeting the deeper layers of the skin. This dual action is achieved through specialized sutures equipped with bi-directional absorbable cones. A specially-trained physician carefully inserts these sutures into the mid-face’s subcutaneous tissue.
The procedure begins with the physician marking the areas that require lifting. A local anesthetic is then applied to numb the targeted areas, ensuring patient comfort throughout the treatment. The physician inserts a needle to a depth of 5mm and guides it through the tissue, securing the suture at each bi-directional exit point. The cones hold the sutures in place, providing an immediate lifting effect.
What sets Silhouette InstaLift apart from other treatments is its focus on the underlying causes of facial aging rather than just the symptoms. As the body absorbs the sutures over time, they stimulate the natural production of collagen. It helps to maintain and even improve the lifting effect, giving the face a more youthful and natural appearance. The entire procedure takes approximately 45 minutes and is generally well-tolerated by patients, making it a convenient option for those seeking to achieve significant results without surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Silhouette InstaLift procedure is carefully orchestrated and demands medical expertise and a keen eye for aesthetics. Conducted in a clinical setting, the treatment aims to provide immediate lifting effects while also promoting long-term facial rejuvenation. Understanding each procedure step can help prospective patients set realistic expectations and prepare adequately for the experience.
- Consultation and Marking: Before the procedure begins, a specially-trained physician consults with the patient to identify the areas that require lifting. These areas are then marked to serve as a guide during the treatment.
- Local Anesthesia: A local anesthetic is applied to numb the targeted areas to ensure the patient’s comfort. It eliminates any pain or discomfort that could be felt during the insertion of the sutures.
- Needle Insertion: The physician inserts a needle into the marked area, guiding it to a depth of 5mm into the subcutaneous tissue of the mid-face. It is the layer beneath the skin where the sutures will be placed.
- Suture Placement: The physician guides the needle through the tissue, positioning the bi-directional absorbable cones along the predetermined path. These cones are part of the suture and are crucial for holding it in place.
- Bi-Directional Exit Points: The needle is guided to exit the skin at each bi-directional point, effectively positioning the suture and cones in the tissue. The cones anchor the suture, immediately lifting the sagging skin.
- Suture Securing: The physician secures the suture at each bi-directional exit point once the suture is correctly positioned. It ensures that the suture and cones stay in place, optimizing the lifting effect.
- Final Adjustments: After the sutures are secured, the physician may make minor adjustments to ensure the lifting effect is symmetrical and meets the patient’s aesthetic goals.
- Post-Procedure Care: The patient is then briefed on post-procedure care, which may include guidelines on facial movement and any potential side effects to watch for.
Silhouette InstaLift vs. Thread Lifts
Silhouette InstaLift is a newer technology that goes beyond merely repositioning the skin. It targets the underlying layers of the skin, which are the primary contributors to the sagging and volume loss of aging. The procedure uses specialized sutures with bi-directional absorbable cones, which not only hold the sutures in place for an immediate lift but also stimulate collagen production as the body absorbs them over time. This dual action provides immediate and long-term benefits, giving the face a more youthful and natural appearance.
On the other hand, traditional thread lifts primarily focus on raising the skin’s surface. They use permanent or semi-permanent sutures without the added benefit of collagen stimulation. While thread lifts can offer an immediate ride, they don’t address the deeper issues of volume loss and skin elasticity. Additionally, because the sutures are often permanent, there’s a risk of complications such as suture visibility or palpability, especially as the skin ages and is thin.
Another significant difference lies in the longevity of the results. Silhouette InstaLift offers results lasting up to two years, thanks to the collagen renewal stimulated by the absorbable sutures. In contrast, the effects of traditional thread lifts may only last for a short time and require more frequent touch-ups.
Who Is A Good Candidate?
Before opting for any cosmetic procedure, it’s crucial to consult your healthcare provider to determine if InstaLift is the appropriate treatment for your specific needs. Generally, InstaLift is advised for women who desire a refreshed and natural look, particularly those dealing with sagging skin and a loss of facial volume.
Many of these women are interested in achieving an immediate lift and gradual volume enhancement. Some may have tried cosmetic injectables but are unprepared to undergo surgical interventions. Despite having good skin quality, they may be concerned about visible nasolabial folds or sagging cheeks.
If you’re seeking a rejuvenated, natural-looking appearance without the commitment of surgery, Silhouette InstaLift might be the perfect solution for you. Don’t let sagging skin or loss of facial volume hold you back any longer. Take the first step towards a more youthful you by scheduling a consultation with Sherisse Hill Aesthetic Derm. Our team of specially-trained physicians is here to guide you through every step of the process, from initial assessment to post-procedure care. Contact us today to determine if InstaLift is suitable for your aesthetic goals.